Vibrant spinach-fennel puree
Spinach is a good example of why it’s important to eat those leafy greens: It is endowed with beta-carotene, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, and iron. Fennel, while a nutritional lightweight, adds fiber, flavor, and those feathery fronds for garnish.
- Wash spinach thoroughly. Remove thick stems and discard. Set leaves aside.
- Remove feathery fronds from fennel and reserve for garnish. Remove and discard core. Cut fennel into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in a pot (large enough to accommodate the spinach) with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cook, covered, for 20 minutes, until very soft.
- Add spinach to pot, and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until spinach is tender but still bright green.
- Immediately drain fennel and spinach in a colander under cold running water to fix color. Drain thoroughly. Place in bowl of a food processor. Process until very smooth.
- Transfer to saucepan. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Heat gently before serving. Garnish with finely chopped fennel fronds and coarse sea salt.
Recipe by Rozanne Gold.Healthy 1-2-3
ORDER HEALTHY 1-2-3 from AMAZON.COM
Though we think of declining estrogen as the hallmark of menopause, it's actually common for…
Up to 12 percent of Americans have ulcers at some point in life. Peptic ulcers…
Gallbladder disease is a modern illness. An estimated 20 million Americans have gallbladder disease. The…
duh də/ exclamation informal used to comment on an action perceived as foolish or stupid,…
Supplements are an important part of your comprehensive medical and nutritional treatment program, but many…
Q: My son who is in his late twenties has had a drinking/drug problem for…
Taking your questions: Can adding some phytoestrogens in my diet help with vaginal dryness?...Help! I'm…
- Supports cognitive function and provides neuroprotection
- Stimulates thermogenesis
- Enhances endurance and efficiency of skeletal and cardiac muscle
- Promotes healthy aging through sirtuin activation